ASP.NET Interview Questions
1. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
2. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind
3. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur
server-side or client-side? Why?
4. What does the "EnableViewState" property do? Why would I want it on or off?
5. What is the difference between Server.Transfer and
would I choose one over the other?
6. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a
web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component
7. Let's say I have an existing application written using Visual
Studio 6 (VB 6, InterDev 6) and this application utilizes Windows 2000
COM+ transaction services. How would you approach migrating this
application to .NET
8. Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and an
9. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in
the Application_Start and Session_Start subroutines?
10. If I'm developing an application that must accomodate multiple
security levels though secure login and my ASP.NET web appplication is
spanned across three web-servers (using round-robbin load balancing)
what would be the best approach to maintain login-in state for the
11. What are ASP.NET Web Forms? How is this technology different than
what is available though ASP (1.0-3.0)?
12. How does VB.NET/C# achieve polymorphism?
11. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example of when you
might use it?
13. How would you implement inheritance using VB.NET/C#?
14. Whats an assembly
15. Describe the difference between inline and code behind - which is
best in a
16. loosely coupled solution
17. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one
18. Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are the limitations
19. approach you might take in implementing one
20. What are the disadvantages of viewstate/what are the benefits
21 Describe session handling in a webfarm, how does it work and what
are the > limits
22. How would you get ASP.NET running in Apache web servers - why
would you even do this?
23. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of
it if at all?
24. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a
developer is it important to undertsand these events?
25. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your
generated dataset with data?
26. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
27. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a
28. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater
29. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your
code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater
30. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
31. What method do you use to explicitly kill a user s session?
32 How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
33. Which two properties are on every validation control?
34. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind
35. How do you create a permanent cookie?
36. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
37. What is the standard you use to wrap up a call to a Web service
38. Which method do you use to redirect the user to another page
without performing a round trip to the client?
39. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service SOAP
40. True or False: A Web service can only be written in .NET
41. What does WSDL stand for?
42. What property do you have to set to tell the grid which page to go
to when using the Pager object?
43. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
44. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind
45. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
46. How is a property designated as read-only?
47. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values
in two different controls matched?
48. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows
application or Web application to consume this service?
28. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
The Page class.
29. Name two properties common in every validation control?
ControlToValidate property and Text property.
is there any limit for query string? if means what...
What is the default authentication mode for IIS
I found that there are numerous posts for Assemblies but none for giving out the difference between Panel and a Group Box. Although a Panel as well as the groupbox are almost the same there are minute differences.
In group box you can enter text while you cant do that in Panel.
In Panel you have got a built in support for scrollbars which is not available in case of group box.